Alt Ethos is an experiential design studio specializing in immersive and interactive media for permanent exhibitions and event rentals. Our team is comprised of creators, designers, and engineers developing innovative projects for the modern world. We are seeking a contracted project manager to join our team.
One of our most important roles is that of a project manager. You will work closely with other members of the company as well as clients to help deliver interactive creative technology installations that invigorate people’s curiosity and you will provide clients with peace of mind and excellent service.
All work will be contracted on an as-needed basis. You will manage a range of projects including permanent and temporary installations; a wide range of technology including AR, VR, and Mixed Reality; and custom software and hardware solutions. Your work will influence process and structure creating documentation materials, analysis spreadsheets, developing functional templates in Asana, and providing guidance and professionalism in the area of project management.
With Alt Ethos you will grow your knowledge by being in the midst of an exciting new company exploring novel uses of creative technology. Please see www.altethos.com/news for more information about recent activity with our company. Our hope is to find someone who can grow with our team. Please see the application information below.
Title: PM – Project Manager
Contracted and part-time
$35/hr – $55/hr D.O.E.
Application Due Date
April 20, 2018
Please Send the Following to HR:
Your general availability
Alt Ethos seeks a Project Manager with technical skills and an interest in experiential design.
The Project Manager works cross-functionally to provide project management support to teams while managing Alt Ethos’ client projects. Project management responsibilities include delivering every project on time within budget and scope. Project managers should have a background in business skills, management, budgeting and analysis. Project managers are skilled at getting the best out of the people and projects that they oversee. They thrive when planning projects and working with project teams.
Responsible for the day-to-day successful execution of contracted Scope of Work in the areas of performance, financial metrics, planning, schedule, quality, contractual compliance, safety, and client satisfaction. Coordinates and integrates the activities associated with the creative ideation, prototyping, installation, testing, and startup elements of the project team, including the activities of all third party companies contributing to the initiative.
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Manage all aspects of project management including risk to cost, schedule, quality.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short- and long-term goals.
- Provide regular reporting.
Required Education and Experience
- 5 years’ experience in project management
- Proven working experience as a project administrator in the technology sector
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in creative technology including software and hardware.
- Familiarity with PM software collaboration and time management tools
- Experience with process improvement and inventory control
- Advanced time management and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of Google Docs
- Excellent client-facing communication skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work across teams, different levels of management, and partnerships, leveraging effective communication techniques, to motivate diverse teams and enable cross-functional collaboration
- Demonstrated time management, decision making and organization skills
Preferred Education and Experience
- PMP / PRINCE II certification
Alt Ethos is an experiential design studio specializing in immersive and interactive media. We are a team of creators, designers, and engineers developing innovative projects for the modern world. Melding various forms of light, sound, interactivity and creative technology, we create custom experiential solutions with an emphasis on storytelling, hands-on participatory learning, and human centered design to amplify interactions with various media in the physical space.
Alt Ethos Culture Code (v1.01122018)
Synthesizing light, sound, and creative technology into engaging environments, we cultivate memorable experiences that disrupt and inspire.
Combining a keen sense of design, social awareness, and novel use of technology, Alt Ethos shapes the landscape of experience design into one that activates local communities, addresses social and environmental issues, and brings people together.
- Best Experiences Possible
- Measurable Return on Engagement
- Team Dedication, Collaboration, and Passion
- Personal Development and Growth
- Inclusive, Diverse Atmosphere
- Solution focused
- Innovation through Resourcefulness
- Playfulness and Uniqueness
- Adventure, Creativity, and Open Minds
4.0 Hiring Personas
- Self Aware
- Detail Oriented
5.0 The Customers
We treat our clients as collaborators deserving of a deeper connection. They are the lifeblood allowing us to fulfill our mission and we don’t take that lightly. Our job is to create work which connects people together and provides a measurable return on investment. We take every possible measure to ensure that our work consistently provides the highest value.
We achieve this through clear communication, honoring our agreements, and providing guaranteed service.
6.0 Our Competitors
We come from a place of gratitude for our competitors. We would not be here if it were not for them. We sometimes partner, contract, and work in collaboration with our competitors because we enjoy expanding our network and making new connections.
We want to support a culture of learning and collaboration. We will not speak ill about a competitor. Even if we have hard dealings with them, we use it as an opportunity to learn.
7.0 Sister Organization
Alt Ethos currently donates portions of our revenue, time and equipment to Denver Arts + Technology Advancement (DATA), our sister organization.
Denver Arts + Technology Advancement
Denver Arts + Technology Advancement (DATA) is a nonprofit organization striving to create a vanguard community center for public engagement, cultivating and strengthening local community by putting research, education, creation, and exhibition together under the same roof. DATA is driving a new generation of art creators and technologists by optimizing the use of immersive and emerging technology and serving as a conduit for the creative process.
8.0 Collaborative Business Structure
- Employee Owned
- Transparent Communication
- Work Across Departments
- Peer Accountability
- Every Voice Heard
- Open Source When Possible
- Collaboration Breeds Innovation
- Shared Vision